Sunday, July 5, 2009

Psychiatrists and neurologists like tell us that if we can end fill our days with gratitude, we will find more and more to be grateful for. These days, I have plenty to be grateful for. Each morning brings around 20 blueberries and marrionberries for my picking pleasure. Birds are singing, and the kale is high. After baking a cherry pie earlier this week, I spent much of today gardening, enjoying the sunshine. I love working outside, especially when Billy is around too. Being creative with someone you love is magical, especially in a backyard like ours.

This video is from last night, and shows how Billy has moved at least a part of his art studio up from the basement and into the patio-garden area. This painting has already progressed quite a bit since this clip-- now, stripes of blue tape cover up what he wants to keep, and the major elements of the painting--I see a face, a fence, and a bird--are coming forward. I love living with an artist.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen my son in a couple years, so this clip is simply wonderful!!!!!!! I've always loved the artist too. Did I glimpse a full moon? Is this area protected from the rain? I can't tell, but the garden area sure looks warm, friendly and relaxing. Thanks for sharing - both of you.
    Love, Mama Linda

    ReplyDelete